What to do when Your Article is Already Written? How to Make it Perfect?
Writing an article can be both engaging as well as quite boring experience depending on the subject of your article and your attitude toward this subject. But no matter whether you like it or not, it never ends with writing process. Just like developing a research paper is never only about writing so is with articles regardless of why you need them. There are many other things one has to do after the writing stage is complete. It is important to understand that if one submits (posts) an article right after the final sentence was written, it is most likely it will not have the desired effect on the target audience. What else then is in writing an article?
Making It Perfect
Most people know how to write articles today. There are so many resources offering professional assistance as well as practical tips on how to write articles. You don’t even have to pay for this. All you need is time to read the advice. But there are very few articles providing recommendations on how to polish up a piece of writing. Well, if you were looking for advice about how you can make your text perfect then you are in the right place. Here are some things to think about when you have already written an article.
- Verify formatting and structure of your text. Your article may not be read by many people if it doesn’t look well-structured. Very few people would start reading an article that is nothing but a solid block of text. You don’t need to be a professional text editor to see that the formatting and structure is something you should improve. Just take a break and look at your writing in half an hour after you wrote it. You will notice if there is anything wrong with how your text is organized.
- Multimedia. If you really want people to read your article you should add some multimedia. Even if you did a good job structuring your text people still don’t like to read chunks of text without any illustrations. Photos, videos, infographics, charts – all of these things make an article visually appealing for a reader. It is always better to plan ahead visuals for your article but it is better late than never.
- Check your headline and subheadings. It is essential to have great headlines in your article as they are to attract readers to read the whole thing. It is a good idea to look back at your headlines to check whether they are engaging enough. They should also be descriptive and brief.
- Proofread/edit. No matter how good you know the subject or how much time you’ve invested into writing an article, it is very likely you still made some mistakes. Such things as typos, missing words and wrong sentence structure can cause people to think you lack professionalism and skills to deliver quality content. It will be a waste of time if you submit/post an article that will contain a bunch of mistakes. Read your article again and correct all of the mistakes found. We recommend ordering proofreading and editing service online for a better result. A professional text editor will do the job much more quickly than you can do it.
- Keywords. If you want your article to be posted on a blog it is important to ensure it contains some keywords that would help your website appear in the top of search engine results. That’s where a text editor won’t help you much. You would rather need to consult professional SEO Specialist to tell you what kind of keywords you should have in your article.
As you can see there are many things one should work on after the article has been written. Without a shadow of a doubt, great books and articles go through a rigorous editing and proofreading process before they become accessible to the public. Articles that are posted right after they have been written never become top drawer stuff. Instead, they are lost among thousands of run-of-the-mill texts online. So if you intend to have your article achieve the desired effect you should devote some time and invest more efforts into editing your text as mentioned above. Otherwise, you risk to go unnoticed by the public. There are so many articles that contain high quality content but because no one cared to edit it, they simply disappeared among many other texts. Don’t make this kind of mistake and work on editing of your article after you have written it.