API Integration to the Widely Used Learning Management System
An effective plagiarism checker that will be always preferred by various content writing companies and educational establishments is the one that allows API integration into the relevant learning management systems (LMS). Such API-LMS amalgamation facilitates the performance of versatile useful features, such as contact database synchronization, marketing campaigns improvement, and internal operations management. The necessary apps can be connected into the common database owing to successful API integration. PlagiarismSearch seamlessly embeds in miscellaneous learning platforms, making the process of plagiarism detection even more convenient for organizations and universities.
If you have never installed an LMS for your company or institution before, then you should consider such indefeasible integration elements as your target users, the content you display or create, and general data. It is important to determine the most convenient and safe way for the preferred LMS to receive data related to your institution. Keep in mind: not every learning management system is designed to store your data. In case of an authenticity-scanning tool, the option to scan against your own archives often appears to be of high priority. For instance, any school usually wants to make sure that their students do not commit self-plagiarism, copying their previous works. Academic plagiarism may occur when students deliberately copy from research papers of graduates. It is not difficult to get access to your school’s archives, so professors must keep an eye on such malpractice and put effort to exclude its reiteration. Therefore, if you choose customized API integration of our checker into the necessary LMS, you will be able to upload the archives to check all the newly completed assignments against your unique Storage. You will be able to upload your university database using FTP servers or Google Docs.
Our major focus of API integration is placed on Moodle, as it is widely used by schools and universities all over the globe. Educational establishments, international and domestic ones, successfully check their essays, course papers, and lengthy dissertations using our purposefully tailored Moodle plug-in. Those assignments that you need to scan for plagiarism can be arranged in separate folders, depending on the specifics of the course or subject.
When plagiarism detection of texts is finished, you receive an exhaustive plagiarism report, where levels of found similarities are denoted in different colors. Although the report unifies a general plagiarism percentage, each sentence with the identified coincidence also reveals a separate percentage of plagiarism from the highlighted source. You can read more about our similarity report in our previous article "Interpreting PlagiarismSearch Similarity Report".
Besides using our Moodle plugin, both professors and students turn our Google Docs add-on to account. It is easy to install this useful extension – simply download it as any regular add-on. Our Google add-on works the same as on the website, accurately scanning every work for similarities and providing comprehensive results. The only difference is that you do not have to insert a text into a separate box, as PlagiarismSearch is conveniently present in your personal Google Docs. Further elucidation of our add-on features will be presented in our next article.
What is Moodle LMS?
Moodle platform is used by small private schools as well as famous universities. Even tutors often register with this LMS to facilitate creating various assignments for students there. However, the key focus here is not to create, but to check all those completed tasks effectively. Grades should be fair, right? Well, that is when our plagiarism checker comes into play. A profound assessment by teachers does not only depend on grammar and stylistic mistakes eradication. Your paper may seem to be excellent at first glance. However, frequently, such “perfect papers” are plagiarized, partly or even fully.
Moodle, as a smart LMS, included the most advantageous education-related plugins into their system to make their service even more effective for the academic sphere. Certain plugins used by Moodle are related directly to plagiarism detection. While we cannot talk about others, we can elucidate the benefits of PlagiarismSearch Moodle plugin used by our educational clients all over the globe.
We emphasize on the importance of authenticity in all the written works and do our best to help teachers see the resources students tend to use to copy information for their essays and dissertations. Our plugin is easy to install and use, and the required steps of installing our Moodle plugin will be further elucidated in this article.
Advantages of PlagiarismSearch Moodle Plug-in
Not all new customers who only seek cooperation with PlagiarismSearch know that our advanced tool has an anti-plagiarism plug-in tailored for Moodle. Moreover, it is important to know that not every similarity checker can be integrated into the Moodle platform.
Owing to our plug-in, every scanned paper will result in a detailed plagiarism report with the highlighted percentage of plagiarism. Every plagiarized sentence will lead to the link on the website where copied information was taken from. Many clients find convenient our division of similarity levels into different colors. Our comprehensive report stands out among the reports offered by other popular plagiarism checkers.
Check text for plagiarism without hesitation, knowing our plugin’s advantages:
Teachers and students from versatile corners of the globe choose PlagiarismSearch integration into Moodle. Why are we special? We do not simply offer a plugin, but we can answer all your questions related to customization of educational quotes in the process of your API trial as well as our further long-term cooperation. One of the greatest benefits is that we are aimed not only at English-speaking countries. That is why we have many clients from European, Asian, and African countries. Hence, our Moodle plugin encompasses:
- Profound plagiarism detection on the web and against your own Storage. If you use our tool, you will be able to upload archives of your own content. It helps to eradicate unintentional plagiarism or self-plagiarism of previous works. It is possible to check both against the online sources and your personal database, which can be easily uploaded via our API.
- The originality report that highlights discrepant levels of plagiarism: low, average, and high percentage of similarities. Professors appreciate our detailed reports where each level of similarity is presented in a separate color. Thus, you receive a general plagiarism score, as well as clusters of separate plagiarism scores in each sentence.
- Support of more than 150 Languages. Unlike other checkers, we successfully scan multilingual texts for plagiarism. Your text can even consist of different languages, and the results will be similarly effective.
- Multiple formats acceptance. We accept a variety of document types, such as doc, docx, txt, RTF, PDF, xls, xlsx, html, epub, xml, odt, org, among others. Nonetheless, schools usually prefer downloading the final report in a pdf format.
- Decent pace of plagiarism detection. Our Moodle plugin allows checking multiple works at once. Of course, when files are large, then the plagiarism-checking process will take more time. Usually, it takes from 1 to 5 minutes to scan your text and produce a multi-layered report.
- The ability to exclude and include in-text citations. If you need to see citations highlighted, you should choose the option to include them, and every cited sentence will appear in a purple color.
- Expedient integration. The moment you download our Moodle plugin, it can be installed following simple steps, which will be explicated below.
Similarity score generated by PlagiarismSearch looks analogous to the ordinary plagiarism report obtained via our website. However, all the reports of students belonging to one school can be conveniently stored in the selected Moodle folders.
Learn to Install Moodle plug-in to your LMS in a Few Clicks
Our PlagiarismSearch plugin allows teachers and tutors to organize their educational courses and tests in a better way. Moodle allows to create different folders for discrepant subjects or classes. You will easily arrange previously checked works and texts that have to be scanned yet. By cooperating with Moodle, we contribute to the high quality and originality of students’ works.
If you need plagiarism check for educational purposes, then our Moodle plugin is essential for your constant assignment-writing demand.
Learn how to install our Moodle plagiarism plug-in by following the easy steps:
- Go into the GitHub’s page of PlagiarismSearch plugin and download the latest release.
- Save the archive to your local computer.
- Go back to your Moodle admin page and press “Site administration” on the left side.
- Press “Advanced features” and scroll to “Enable plagiarism plugins”. Don’t forget to save your changes.
- Go back to your administration site and choose the section about plugins. Press “Install plugins”.
- Upload the downloaded archive.
- Press “Install plugin from Zip file” and continue.
- Once you have done this step, you should press “Upgrade Moodle database now”. It allows upgrading to a new version.
- In case everything is fine, go back to “Admin”, “Plugins”, “Plugins overview”, “Additional plugins”, and then press “Enable PlagiarismSearch”.
- Later, enter your API User and API key presented by our managers for your use.
We hope you comprehended the above-mentioned steps to use our PlagiarismSearch Moodle plugin effectively. May your studies be authentic!