5 Advantages of the Original Text
If you own a website or run a blog, it is most likely that you faced the temptation to copy-paste content that you found on the other website. The thing is that people who deal with websites and blogs always have this headache – where to get quality content? Due to the lack of resources, the majority would choose to use the other people’s texts. However, such a move can do more harm than good in the long run. The original text is extremely important today and those who wish to succeed need to be aware of how important the unique quality content is. In this article, we are going to list only five advantages of the original text in comparison with the copy-pasted content from other web resources. We hope you will find these advantages convincing enough to use a unique text for your website or blog.
Unique Content: Advantages
1. Identity. By being unique you create your own identity, be it a business or personal brand that you are building up. If you ever want to achieve success online, you have to know that having your own identity is extremely important. Original content helps you accomplish this very mission. How can your potential clients or readers know you are different from thousands of other people? It is easy – owing to uniqueness of your identity that you can gain through publishing original content.
2. SEO. If you know anything about SEO (search engine optimization), then you have to know this simple phrase – “content is king”. However, the problem with kings is that there are good kings and there are bad kings. Depending on what kind of content you publish on your website, you are either a good or a bad one. A unique text has always been advantageous for website rankings. Quite the opposite, duplicate content can damage both the reputation of your web pages as well as significantly pull you down to the bottom of search engine rankings.
3. Readers’ Interest. Websites are created for people. And if you consider what people are usually interested in, the answer would be obvious. Everybody is looking for something new and fresh. In other words, something that has never been said before. Who cares about the text that has already been posted on multiple web pages? Hence, if you mean to generate the interest of readers you should stick to the unique text for every web page of yours.
4. Reputation. Original content on your website tells a lot about your commitment and attitude. Website owners and administrators who care about the reputation of their web resources will take time to make sure they don’t have any copy-pasted texts posted. And here is what common people tend to believe: “If they care about the reputation of their website, they will likely care for the products and services they provide.” Therefore, if you represent a business selling goods and services, you have to maintain the high quality and uniqueness of your website’s content at all times.
5. Freedom from Plagiarism Issues. Copy-pasting from different resources can not only harm the website’s rankings, but also can result in much more complicated issues, like plagiarism accusations. If by mistake you copy-paste content from other website and forget to insert a source link (we as humans make mistakes regardless of how skillful and experienced we are), you might be in trouble.
We believe the best way is always to write the texts on your own. This way you can control both the uniqueness and the quality of the text being written which are most important factors for successful search engine optimization campaigns. Obviously, it may take more time and efforts but it will pay off in the long run.